Most industrial activities involve the use of electricity. Proper electrical safety is made up of proper design , training, maintenance, procedures and commonsense.
All personnel shall obey the Electrical safety rules with regard to design, use and maintenance of electrical equipment. Dubai Local Order 61/1991 requires that employers provide a safe work area
The following guidelines are recommended to all employers.
- Earth Leakage Circuit Breakers (E.L.C.B)
- Procedures /Training
- Dubai Municipality Environmental Department (DM EPSS)
- Dubai Municipality occupational Health & Safety Department (DM PH&SD)
- EHS Trakhees-Jafza (PCFC)
- Environment Protection and Development Authority Ras Al Khaimah (EPDA)
- Sharjah Municipality Environment Protection Section (SHJ EPS)