Heat stress is a significant occupational problems in this region. Heat stress in dependent on the work place conditions and the physical activity being undertaken by the person.
High temperature, high thermal radiation, high humidity, low air movement, high activity levels in the work place and the need to wear personal protective clothing, all combine to elevate the body temperature, resulting in heat cramps, heat exhaustion or heat stroke.
The same degree of exposure may produce different effects depending upon the susceptibility of the person exposed. Dubai Occupational Health and Safety regulations Local Order 61 of 1991 requires the employer to ensure safe working conditions in the workplace.
- Dubai Municipality Environmental Department (DM EPSS)
- Dubai Municipality occupational Health & Safety Department (DM PH&SD)
- EHS Trakhees-Jafza (PCFC)
- Environment Protection and Development Authority Ras Al Khaimah (EPDA)
- Sharjah Municipality Environment Protection Section (SHJ EPS)