The head is very susceptible to disabling injury from any impact. Such injuries are potentially extremely dangerous and health problems often persist over a long time. Objects such as hand tool s, suspended loads, etc. falling from a height or chemical splash from fractured or leaking overhead pipes are common problems.
Though safe work practices will reduce the hazards, the worker still requires personal protection as a last line of defense. Pro per selection, use and maintenance of personal protective equipment to provide head protection should be considered by taking into account the risk involved.
Every employer shall provide and the employee shall use the safety helmets required for the job. Safety helmets required for the job. Safety helmets shall conform to International Standards.
Dubai Occupational Health and Safety Regulations Local Order 61 of 1991 require the employer to provide necessary personal protective equipment.
- Dubai Municipality Environmental Department (DM EPSS)
- Dubai Municipality occupational Health & Safety Department (DM PH&SD)
- EHS Trakhees-Jafza (PCFC)
- Environment Protection and Development Authority Ras Al Khaimah (EPDA)
- Sharjah Municipality Environment Protection Section (SHJ EPS)