A waste audit is a formal, structured process used to quantify the amount and types of waste being generated by an organization. Information from audits will help identify current waste management practices of an organization and provide basis for the improvement of these practices as well as on the consumption of natural resources.
The purpose of a waste audit is to identify all possible outputs from an industrial process to each segment of the environment and to assess the likely impact of those wastes as well as compliance to municipal standards and regulations. Waste Audits shall be required for major industries as prescribed under EPSS Technical Guidelines entitled “EIA Requirements for Major Projects”. This is to ensure that the best waste compliance of the proponents of industries with the provisions of Local Order 61/1991 "The Environment Protection Regulations in the Emirate of Dubai".
Registrations & Accreditations
- Dubai Municipality Environmental Department (DM EPSS)
- Dubai Municipality occupational Health & Safety Department (DM PH&SD)
- EHS Trakhees-Jafza (PCFC)
- Environment Protection and Development Authority Ras Al Khaimah (EPDA)
- Sharjah Municipality Environment Protection Section (SHJ EPS)